WHAT IS DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE?
Deep tissue massage is a type of massage therapy that focuses on realigning deeper layers of muscles and connective tissue. It is a massage technique that’s mainly used to treat musculoskeletal issues, such as strains and sports injuries. Deep tissue massage targets the inner layers of your muscles. It’s used to treat muscle and tendon injuries, pain, and stiffness in your major muscle groups and joints.
Deep tissue massage is primarily used to treat chronic pain and muscle and sports-related injuries. It involves applying sustained pressure using slow, deep strokes to target the inner layers of your muscles and connective tissues. This helps to break up scar tissue that forms following an injury and reduce tension in muscle and tissue.
Palms and fingers are used to knead and manipulate your tissues, and the elbows and forearms are also used to apply increased pressure during a deep tissue massage.
BENEFITS OF DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE
It is especially helpful for chronic aches and pains and contracted areas such as stiff neck and upper back, low back pain, leg muscle tightness, and sore shoulders. It may also promote faster healing by increasing blood flow and reducing inflammation.
Deep tissue massage has been empirically proven to help with:
– Sports injuries
– Fibromyalgia (disorder characterized by widespread musculoskeletal pain accompanied by fatigue, sleep, memory and mood issues)
– Plantar fasciitis (heel pain – involves inflammation of a thick band of tissue that runs across the bottom of your foot and connects your heel bone to your toes)
high blood pressure
– Sciatica (back pain caused by a problem with the sciatic nerve which runs from the lower back down the back of each leg)
– Tennis elbow (painful condition that occurs when tendons in your elbow are overloaded, usually by repetitive motions of the wrist and arm)
– Low back pain
– Limited mobility
– Recovery from injuries (e.g. whiplash, falls)
– Repetitive strain injury, such as carpal tunnel syndrome (condition that causes pain, numbness, and tingling in the hand and arm)
– Postural problems
DEEP TISSUE MASSAGE AT SERENE SPA
Deep tissue massage at Serene Spa Spa involves applying sustained pressure using slow, deep strokes and elbow techniques combined with ginger extract to target inner layers of muscles and connective tissues. Thus helping to stimulate blood circulation and alleviate muscle strains. Guests will be offered a warm foot soak with pure salts and ginger before treatment.
* The level of force goes from medium to intensive.
Check out the Spa menu at Serene Spa for more information about spa and massage services available.